Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday Capture

Here's a new "capture" for me...a rufous-sided towhee. I looked away and looked back and there he was sitting on top of the bird feeder. He's the largest bird that I have seen come to this feeder...though I never saw him get any seeds...he just sat there and posed and then shook his tail and away he flew (remeniscent of a nursery rhyme!). Woody went on his four-mile walk early this morning...he was gone when I got up this morning. I lazed around a bit longer than normal as we didn't have school today because the neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and family) had a gig that took them away during school time. After I got up I got the turkey breasts roasting in the oven. Then I fixed my breakfast and went out on the front porch to eat it and drink my morning cup of tea...enjoying the prettiness of the day and watching for birds. I hope that I didn't stay out longer than I should...pollen is pretty heavy and I don't want it to get my allergies going...but I hate missing sitting on the porch on pretty days. I ran an errand this afternoon...picking up a prescription at the pharmacy. Then I read for a while. Woody stayed outside a good part of the day working in the yard and in the gardens. After I read for a while, I went downstairs and sliced the meat off one of the turkey breasts. I will do the other one tomorrow after it has had time to chill well. I plan to freeze part of the meat to use at a later time in some recipe/s or another to be determined as the mood strikes when I decide to pull it out to use it! I fixed us eggplant parmasan for our supper. We are ready to settle in for the evening...probably both of us will read as we both have good books at the moment. Storms are predicted for the middle of the night. I just looked at radar and they are definitely on the way...time will tell how severe they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment