Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Not-So-Eggcellent Day????

APRIL FOOLS!!!!...it was another eggcellent day...today included an egg hunt...great fun all around...and great weather! I had school time with Isaac and then Elijah. The rest...reading times...got switched around (eventually cancelled) because Abigail had an orthodontist appointment and Joy and Joseph went with her (along with their mom...they walked to and from). While they were at the orthodontist, Nathan hid eggs while the children remaining at home came over to our house. When the walkers got back from the orthodontist, everyone gathered in our front yard and then headed to their house to line up in age order. Joseph got to go into the yard first (before the yard got too crazy with the rest!), then after he found a couple of eggs Isaac got to head in for an early start...then Elijah and Esther and finally Joy, Abigail and Graham. It didn't take long for them to find 160 eggs...the number hidden...but truth be told they found 161...we guess they might have found one of last year's eggs! Inside some of the eggs they found jelly beans (only kind of candy Joseph can have) and also notes promising them special times in the future..."no chore days," special times with their parents, extra bedtime stories, etc. Three came over to our house to go through their eggs. By the time this fun was over, it was about time for Graham and Esther to come over here for their hour with Goosey (Woody) and me. Esther cross stitched while I read out loud to her and Woody and Graham worked on ways to memorize elements and their symbols and they also did a bit of yard work at the very end of Graham's time. Graham has been a great help to Goosey today...he took over the leaf mulching with the lawnmower several times today...not an easy job...lots of leaves to mow through to pulverize! I went to the church library after lunch and worked for a while with Donna. Then I came home and realized that I had left my iPad (not an April Fool's joke)at the library so had to go back. Woody was working outside mulching leaves when I returned. I got up early this morning so I could get a pot of soup made before I was too tired at the end of the day! And, boy was I tired when I finally got to settle into my chair after all the festivities and going places. I fell asleep and didn't wake up till about an hour ago...wonder if I will sleep tonight! At least I have a good book if sleep eludes me in a few hours! And, thus began April in two Dorrell households...no foolin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment