Tuesday, March 31, 2015

An Eggcellent Day

It has been an absolutely beautiful day...temps actually got up into the upper 70's. We got back into a school routine...we had our normal Tuesday routine...except for a couple of change-ups. Graham came over after lunch to read and we added in Abigail's sewing time since she missed it yesterday. After Graham read and I waited on Abigail to come over to sew, I got back to work on Isaac's second shirt...the first one was just too big in the neck. Tonight's picture shows the new one on him and I am much more satisfied. He didn't care big neck or not as long as it had the pocket in the front. I took the old one off him and popped the new one on him and then made a pass by the garbage can to get rid of the first one! I got over next door a bit late to get everyone coloring their eggs, but did manage to get there before Joy and Esther had finished theirs. Egg dying...always a fun project at this time of the year. We have eaten yesterday's leftovers today...so I didn't have to cook today...but not a lot of leftovers left after our crew had two meals yesterday so it looks like it will be a necessity do some cooking tomorrow! Woody has worked a lot in the yard today. He has mowed several strips of the yard and also used the mower to mulch the leaves that were raked yesterday...not an easy task! He left a while ago to walk to the prayer room at church and hasn't returned yet. I am ready to plop in my chair and do as close to nothing as possible for the rest of the evening...not even sure that I have enough energy to hold up the book I am reading (it is a BIG book (close to 500 pages) so it takes a bit of an effort to keep it propped up! I guess it is time to bid farewell to March...doesn't seem possible that 1/4 of the year is behind us already! Hope that you aren't fooled too much tomorrow! An automated call from Vanderbilt was what woke me up...reminder of Woody's next week's appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment