Thursday, March 5, 2015

Icing on the "Cake!"

This was the view out the bedroom window a little after 6 this morning. And, this time pretty much of what you see is covered with a sheet of ice. Pretty slick out there. Woody never got farther than our front porch. He attempted to salt the steps but salt wasn't all that effective today. The roads still look about the same this evening and it is already 21 degrees out so no melting will go on tonight...any melting that "might" have happened today is already frozen solid again. Of the grandchildren only Elijah ventured over. He read a couple of stories from his latest Dick and Jane book and then I read him a story. He went downstairs and visited with Goosey (Woody) for a while and then headed home. I think that the back and forth weather got to me and I was pretty achy for a good part of the morning. I look forward to warmer temperatures...but forget what it means to my aches and pains due to Transverse Myelitis when the seasons start to change and the temperatures go back and forth from cold to a bit warmer to cold again. So I stayed close to my recliner and read. Weather of late has been good reading weather. I am glad that I went to the public library yesterday. I finished the church library book that I had been reading and then started one that I checked out from the public library and am already a third of the way through it. Mid-morning I decided that it was time to do something other than read and I headed to the sewing room and made Joseph a little pair of sweat pants. This afternoon I made chicken and rice soup for our supper. What "liquid gold" I didn't use in the soup is now in the freezer. Woody has read, watched TV and rested. It has mainly been a "stay-in-and-attempt-to-stay-warm" kind of day. And, now, I am going to go and start our faucets dripping...supposed to get down into the teens tonight...definitely don't want frozen pipes! We have enough frozen "stuff" around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment