Saturday, March 7, 2015

Springing Ahead

Tonight's photo is one of my favorite bird pictures that I have taken. Again, it was taken some time ago...and when things were much greener than they are now. I call this picture "Bringing Home the Bacon." Speaking of bringing home the bacon, Woody followed his normal Saturday routine...library and WalMart. I got up and headed downstairs to decide what we needed from the store...looked through several recipes and chose some and added needed ingredients to the list. When I was looking through our pantry items I came across a package of lentils. I looked on the package to see what "goodness" they had in them and found out that they are quite a high source of iron. I, for one, am not all that fond of lentils...don't care for the grainy texture. But since we are trying to up Woody's iron intake in case his anemia that shows up in the lab work is the cause of his extreme tiredness, I decided that I should cook them. So I hunted through my recipes to find a lentil soup recipe. While he was at the store getting the other needed ingredients I worked on the first part of the soup...cooking the lentils. We had the soup for lunch...and it wasn't all that bad...pretty good actually and Woody at least said that it was edible! I put away groceries after Woody got home and washed the cooking dishes after I finished up the soup. Woody hasn't been coming behind me lately to clean up my cooking messes. His energy level is definitely low...especially if he has to use his arms to do something. (Hmmmmmm...sounds like a good excuse to get out of doing dishes, doesn't it!?!) I then got busy putting the final touches on the Sunday School lesson. Just as I finished, Isaac came over. He tried on his sweat pants so I could adjust the elastic and finish up the waist band. He also tried on his new shirt and I wasn't happy with the neck...I thought that it looked too big...so I worked on that while he played games on my iPad. Kathy tried Joseph's sweat pants on him and the elastic was ok where it was pinned so I got his pants finished too. I'm still not happy with the neck of Isaac's shirt...I think that I may take off the neck band and try again...third time's a charm...we'll see! Isaac and Joseph were going to wear their matching outfits to a church event tonight, so I will get the shirt back after the event! Kathy took Joseph to get his 1-year photo taken at a photographers today. The picture turned out cute. Woody's exercise today was grocery shopping rather than a 4-mile walk. It did turn out to be a very pretty day...blue sky, warmer temperatures...Spring may come yet. The neighbor grandchildren were running around outside enjoying the day. Graham came in commenting on how wet it was underfoot...all that snow and ice has made for rather mushy ground now that it is thawing out. We "spring-ahead" in the night...not my favorite time of the year...as that means that we move an hour farther away from my sister as AZ doesn't change times. I like it much better when we are just an hour apart rather than two. Well, guess with that said I will go finish changing our clocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment