Monday, March 23, 2015

First Spring Cookout

We had a nice treat this evening...got invited next door to "the neighbor's" (Nathan & Kathy and family)first Spring cookout. Food was yummy and the company was delightful! I had a full day of school this morning and the first part of the afternoon. This is the day that I have all six of my scholars and Elijah twice. Abigail got the sleeves set into the doll dress that she is making...big accomplishment! Elijah worked with snap circuits. He is getting pretty good at following the diagram and making sure that he has a closed circuit. Woody walked five miles today. His walk included a stop at the library to pick up a book that he had requested and to get a book that I needed next in a series. The book that he got for me was a huge over 500 page book...that taxed his upper body strength on the last part of his walk! Abigail came over almost as soon as Elijah finished his extra time with me. She wanted to put all the Bobbsey Twin books that we have in the order they should be read. That took a bit of time. I have some Bobbsey Twin books that were my mother's and some that were mine and some that were Melany's and some that used to be in the church library. We have been revamping the older children's books at the church library and the Bobbsey Twins just weren't being read/checked out any more so we decided to discard them...and since I have a love of those books from my childhood, I just couldn't totally get rid of them so they left the church library shelves and found a home in a bookshelf in the school room at our house. Abigaill and I are reading a Bobbsey Twin book out loud for her extra reading and she decided that she really liked them so she got her daddy to read one to the girls for their bedtime stories. And, they decided that they wanted to read them in order...so now they can go through ours (after Abigail's diligent work this afternoon) in the order that we have them. We have a few missing and Abigail plans to see if she can get them on her Kindle. So for the moment The Bobbsey Twins...old that may be...are being read by another generation in my family. It has been a beautiful day. Several of the children and I decided to do our reading time out on the front porch in the glider today...nice! Esther and Elijah helped Goosey (Woody) in one of our gardens today...you should have seen their hands when they got through. The children really enjoyed a pretty day to be out to play and garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment