Thursday, March 26, 2015

An Early Start

Woody got an early start this morning...he woke up around 3am and realized that he wasn't going to get back to sleep. He decided that it would be a time that he could go on an early morning walk. He got in a four-mile walk and was home before 5am...but his walk ended on a wet note. He was on the home stretch when he heard a sound like a "roar" and realized that he wasn't going to be able to avoid the rain that was coming. And, it was a really hard rain...it woke me up it was raining so hard against the side of the house. Not long after it started to let up, I heard the front door do its familiar squeak and that was the first that I knew that Woody had been gone. He came home quite wet. He changed clothes and went downstairs and I went back to sleep. I had a better night's sleep last night...just interrupted by the hard rain and Woody coming back in the house. I got up and fixed us some breakfast and got ready for school. Elijah trapped another squirrel. After his school time, he, Esther, and Nathan went to drop it off at its new home in the woods...far far away from our house...one less squirrel in our neighborhood and Goosey (Woody)is a $1 poorer! Nathan and Kathy and family are getting ready to do a program at an NBA basketball minor league team's half-time...it is this team's "Family Faith Night." Nathan came up with an idea for a different shirt for himself to wear--so he would have on team colors. So I made a long-sleeved black shirt into a short-sleeved one this afternoon and then sewed a gold strip of fabric on each sleeve this evening...the team's colors are black and gold and red. Late this afternoon we headed next door to kidsit while Nathan and Kathy went to a meeting and then had a date. I spent part of my time over there and part of my time over here getting his shirt ready. After supper, Isaac came over here to help me and I left the other six with Goosey. Nathan and Kathy came back before I got the sleeves finished. They stayed over here for a while and worked on performance shirts for the children. They headed home just a little while ago and Woody is back home. Busy day in both Dorrell households. It started raining again a while ago...temperatures are dropping...so much for the warmer weather...at least for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment