Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Plastered!

Some people are just downright mean! During Woody's four-mile walk today...while walking on a sidewalk on the main street behind our house...someone threw a big glob of wettish plaster at him. It hit him on the left leg...spot above his knee and then it "exploded" all over him...his other pant leg...his sweater...his shoes. It was thrown hard enough that it left a bruise. He wasn't aware of anything out of the ordinary until it hit him. He was walking along looking down at the sidewalk and then BAM/SPLAT! His clothes seem to have come clean...they are in the drier. But the washer was all grainy and chalky so I am running a wash cycle with just water in it. This happened while I was working at the church library this afternoon. This morning we had a normal day of school. Esther is starting a new cross stitch project and Graham had his chemistry time with Woody. Before I left for the library I got cabbage shredded and a carrot grated...ready to make cole slaw. If Woody has baked beans, he wants slaw with them. I used a new recipe and method for slaw from my the cookbook Woody gave me for my birthday. Woody did his weekly Krogering after I got home from church. I am ready to rest for the rest of the evening. I decided to come in and blog before I sit for any length of time in my recliner as I am afraid that I will fall asleep as soon as I sit down and get still...reading may or may not occur...though I do hope to be able to read at least a little while! A little while ago, we got our friendly automated Vanderbilt appointment reminder of next week's appointments. Three weeks roll around quite quickly...though I am ready for this one so we can ask Dr. Sosman some questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment