Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Another Banned to the Woods!

Yesterday when Goosey (Woody) and Elijah were in our front yard, Goosey pointed out a squirrel to Elijah and told him there was a squirrel for him to trap. Elijah headed off and got one of his traps and he and his daddy got it set and bird seed inside the trap. He gets a bounty of $1 for each squirrel he traps in our yard...so there is motivation! And...this morning there was another squirrel to take away from our properties and ban to the woods! After he got his $1, Elijah read to me. Then he and his dad headed off to release the captured critter into the wild. Goosey told Elijah that he was sure that it was the squirrel that was sitting in our yard yesterday! I had a normal Tuesday for school. Then I had lunch and headed upstairs to rest and read for a little while. I had not had a very good night's sleep due to allergies and just getting little snatches of sleep at a time. So I was tired...well, I didn't read long and I was asleep. I slept "hard" for just about the whole afternoon...so much for plans that I had for the afternoon. A little while after supper, Woody walked to the prayer room. I did take advantage of him not being in the family room and vacuumed and ended up giving a lick and a promise to all the downstairs' carpets. I had the vacuum in the family room and had planned a couple of days ago to vacuum, but just hadn't yet...well, today mud got tracked in so the timing was perfect to "make" myself do it today after the mud dried a bit. So that task is done. Woody is still at the prayer room. I think that he may have done a little bit in the gardens today, but I'm not sure because I was dozing. I know that he told me that our Native American Indian princess, Joy, was attempting to make a teepee out on the Back 40 (Nathan and Kathy's lot that is behind our lot...where they do some of their gardening and there is a little wooded area.). So I know that he was at least out back and I figure that he was puttering around with something. I know that Goosey has had Elijah and Esther helping him with one of his gardens. The children are so enjoying our beautiful days and temperatures. They washed their vehicle and our green car this afternoon. I should have gotten a picture...but...it happened while I was dozing. With all that dozing I wonder how I will sleep tonight! At least I have a couple of good books if I can't sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment