Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Party, Party, Party!

Such jokers we have next door! They invited Goosey (Woody) and me over for cake and ice cream after lunch today and I walk into their house to peels of laughter. I head out to the kitchen to get a picture of the cake that they made for me and what do my eyes see...but the numbers reversed on the cake! The children thought that it was hilarious!
They did switch them back correctly for my birthday picture!
It has been a busy birthday for me. I got up early enough to get a pot of baked beans into the oven before school started. Then we had our usual Tuesday school schedule. As soon as Graham finished reading we headed next door to have cake and ice cream and presents. After the festivities, I scurried off for my haircut appointment. While I was gone Goosey went next door to sit with three of the neighbor grands while the rest went off in two different directions for various appointments. After my haircut, I ran errands and culminated my errands with a stop at Ruby Tuesday's to take advantage of a free birthday hamburger...very good. I settled into a booth and read while enjoying my meal. I had cake and ice cream for lunch so had the rest of my lunch and an early supper ("lupper") at Ruby Tuesday's. As I was coming home, I passed Woody walking to the church prayer room. He has yet to return. I'm ready for my recliner, after so many festivities to celebrate my day...added onto the scare of thinking that I was as old as my cake said when I first saw it! Enough to do this ol' Grammy in! Well, as the Tennessee Ernie Ford song goes..."another day (in this case...year) older...(but thankfully not) deeper in debt"(thanks to Ruby Tuesday's free burger)! Speaking of food...Woody got me a great cookbook for my birthday. For those familiar with the PBS cooking show, America's Test Kitchen, he got me their 15th anniversary cookbook with all the recipes from their first 15 years on the air...BIG cookbook! Along with good recipes it makes for pretty good reading with lots of good cooking hints and information. Oh, and the day has been typical for my birthday...rainy...spring showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment