Saturday, March 28, 2015

Feather Ruffling Morn

All the little birdies were puffed out to about twice their size this morning...ruffling their feathers out to help keep them warm. I got up and planned a menu for our Monday guests before Woody headed off to get groceries. Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex are coming to spend part of the day with us. It is Melany and Alex's Spring Break and Wade is taking off too so they are going to come to perhaps help in our gardens (depending on the temps) and to visit. Woody did a lot of Saturday errand running...Credit Union, Walmart and Kroger. He got his exercise in doing them! While he was away, I got underway with our lunch...an imitation crab and rice salad...tasted good for a change of pace from soup...though today's temps hollered soup more than a cold salad! This afternoon I got started on some of the cooking for Monday. This evening I have been resting, putting the finishing touches on the Sunday School lesson, and trying to coax this laptop to cooperate. Woody has helped by cleaning up the dishes from my cooking messes. When I get finished blogging I'm heading downstairs to run the dishwasher. I have been loading as I went along today so after adding a couple of other odd dishes it will be ready to run. Woody drove me to a friend's house today so I could deliver her cross stitch project back that I had helped her out with...Santa now has "wire-rimmed" spectacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment