Friday, June 19, 2015

Hot But Pretty Day

Woody got up early and walked eight miles. He was back by 7:30am so he had to have started pretty early...I was still asleep when he left. I woke up and read for a while and then got up. I talked with a friend on the phone...by that time Graham and his friend who had spent the night were over here getting busy on the K'nex that they had brought back into the house and set back up in the "K'nex area" in the living room. They had been stored in the garage since before Christmas (They had to be put away before I could decorate for Christmas.). After the two big boys came over, the rest of the crew trickled over and at one point we had all of them except for Joseph. Kathy told me later that they had had a pretty quiet morning next door! While they played in the living room, I got busy on my next job in the kitchen...the floor. So today I first vacuumed the floor and vacuumed up under the cabinets and along the base of the cabinets...then I mopped the floor. I also got a load of towels including the kitchen rug that goes in front of the sink and got them washing. As soon as I blog I plan to go down and put them in the drier and start the dishwasher. I left a little before lunch time and went to get my hair cut. Tonight's picture is of Lake Tullahoma...such pretty clouds today...but at this point no rain has come out of them. It was another hot day...I think that it got to 90 today. I stayed inside except for going out for my haircut. I did finish another book today and am getting close to finishing another. Woody did do short spurts of weeding and a little mulching off and on during the day. He was out when I got home from my haircut but went inside shortly after that as it had gotten so hot, even in the shade. He went to the Credit Union, Kroger, WalMart, and the fruit and vegetable market today instead of tomorrow as we will be taking care of Isaac and Joseph for part of the day tomorrow. Also Melany called and she, Erin and Alex plan to come and spend part of tomorrow with us to celebrate Father's Day. So it looks like tomorrow will be a busy but fun day. Just heard thunder and the wind is picking up...oh, rain on the roof...guess those clouds did bring us rain after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment