Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sundry Saturday Doings

I often don't post some of the interesting pictures that I take (due to taking so many!) when we are on the road to and from Vanderbilt. This time we went off the beaten path and found this interesting church in Bell Buckle, TN. It caught my eye due to the way the Ten Commandments were displayed so prominently and then when I read the sign and saw how old it was it interested me even more. A rather quaint church off the beaten path on our treck home from Vanderbilt. Also this time I never shared something interesting that Dr. Sosman's nurse practitioner shared with us. Dr. Sosman still hadn't made it back into the clinic from his trip to Los Angeles (He was supposed to have landed in Nashville and was on his way for his clinic time.). He had been there for a drug conference or some such. But the interesting statements that she made were that Woody's drug, Keytruda, was one of the hot topics at the conference as were imunotherapy drugs in general...which his drug is a part of that category. It's good to hear that good things are being said about what Woody is taking. I have had a very good feeling about his drug, Keytruda...hearing her say that it was of great interest at this conference makes me have even better feelings about it! Today has been a pretty typical Saturday for us. Woody did a little weeding and mulching before it got too hot. He has finished the large flower garden that straddles our property line and Nathan and Kathy's (our shared flower garden)and has started on the last of the decorative gardens...another large one that is between our driveway and the property line with our other neighbors. He can sort of see the finish of the weeding and mulching...but this is still a large expansive area that he has to finish. He has been to WalMart, the library and stopped at the fruit and vegetable market for tomatoes. In the heat of the day he watched a DVD movie that he got at the library. After supper and once the sun went down and it cooled off a bit he headed off for his four-mile walk of the day and has yet to return. I finished another e-book, worked some more on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson and cleaned a bathroom and did a couple of loads of wash...one of which just called (buzzed) me to come get the towels and fold them! After I push the publish button, I will try to get up enough energy to go down and bring them up to fold. Joy came over this afternoon and read me a chapter in her library book. They are all reading for the summer reading program at the public library. The Great Pyrenees brothers were urged into Kathy's parent's truck this morning and I would imagine are now at their new home in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment