Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Look, Ma! No...BRACES!!!!!!!

Here's how Graham looked on the day that he got his braces on April 2, 2013:
And, here he is today (2 years & 2+ months later):
He may get me for putting the last photo on here...but it was the only way that I was able to show how REALLY straight his teeth are. When he had that contraption in his mouth they were taking pictures so they would have before and after photos...so I just snapped a few while the nurse was working! I guess you can tell that I went with Graham to the orthodontist today...I was given the task to try to capture with my camera some of events of his appointment. His parents and siblings were doing a school camp program in Nashville. By the time we got back home, his family was back and they were all pretty happy to check him out without braces. Graham's first request for food that he hadn't been able to eat = corn on the cob and another of his requests = popcorn...so as his daddy said he must have been feeling pretty corny! Graham will go back on Friday to get his retainers. By the time everything settled down after getting bracesless Graham back home, it was time for me to eat some lunch so I could start to think about going to work in the church library. I did have to sit down a rest for a few minutes...and, I think I even managed to doze before I headed to church. Donna and I worked a couple of hours and got quite a bit done on the processing of our latest book shipment. So First Baptist readers...be aware that there are already a lot of new books in the library from the book order before the one we worked on today...AND that there will be a lot more once we get the final processing done...be on the lookout! While I was doing all the morning and afternoon coming and going, Woody worked in the yard...mowing, weeding and mulching. He also took a four mile walk. Then after I got home from the library, he headed off to do his weekly Krogering. I sat and rested while he was gone and then got up and put away the groceries that he bought. I was too tired to cook so we scrounged...and we really needed to do that anyway as there were several leftovers that we needed to eat before cooking something new. I "think" I'm going to cook tomorrow...we will see! As I feel the years creep up on me, I never know what I will or won't be able to do the next day! Today I was just too tired to add another chore into my day such as cooking...plus my back wasn't the happiest today...I was having spasms in my back and had to rest for a while with the heating pad...much better now...BUT if it isn't one thing it's another!!!!! Getting older isn't for the faint of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment