Thursday, June 4, 2015

New Resident?

At last it seems that a bird has decided to take up residence in one of our new birdhouses. I believe that it is a house wren. Small little bird with a big voice. It sat on top of the birdhouse for the longest time just singing its heart out.
Woody and I have both ventured out into the world a bit more today. He was feeling a bit better from his allergies so he worked a little while in the garden weeding and mulching. I walked around the yard and took pictures of birds and flowers. I also put a new suet cake in the suet cage and it didn't take long for the birds to discover that it was full again. The blue jays were the first to discover it and then it was hard for the other birds to get a turn...but several others did manage once one jay chased the other jay away. Woody went on a four-mile walk after supper and I headed off to the public library to return the book that I finally completed. The library had tons of folk there...I hadn't realized that it was the kick-off night for their children's summer reading program. I found another book quickly and headed off so I could give my parking place to someone coming for the kick-off...looked like lots of kids were in for lots of fun. It made me think back to library summer reading programs that Melany and Nathan participated in...many moons ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment