Monday, June 29, 2015

Walking, Gardening, Cooking, Sewing

Tonight's blog title pretty much sums up what Woody and I have done today...he did three of them and I did two. He walked four miles and then weeded and mulched some more. Later in the day he made cole slaw. I sewed some this morning and part of the afternoon and then made potato salad. We are gearing up for our Fourth of July week/weekend eats. Nathan and Kathy had a fund raiser (professionally smoked Boston butt roasts) for their Poland mission trip. Woody and I bought one and yesterday was the day that they were ready. I decided that it worked great to shred the meat while the roast was still hot so in the end I shredded the one that Melany and Wade bought too...so yesterday I did a lot of shredding! We will deliver Melany and Wade's roast all shredded tomorrow when we are on our way to Vanderbilt. Woody has appointments for labs, the doctor, and an infusion...so we sort of know what our day has in store for us...driving, waiting, and more driving. We'll do quite a bit of reading, puzzle working, etc. during the waiting periods which makes the wait not so bad. I have a feeling that our day won't go quite as quickly as it has the last couple of times as we are scheduled to see Dr. Sosman tomorrow. He usually slows things down!

No comments:

Post a Comment