Monday, June 1, 2015

It's Already Monday...And, It's JUNE!

The days/weeks/months go by sort of like blowing on one of these dandelion "blow flowers" (as our children and grandchildren call them). Here it is June! How can that be already...the month that will put us to being half-way through the year has begun. And, I know that in a blink of an eye it will be July...but I will try to sit back and enjoy June while I can! Today I have started to come back to life...sort of...but at least my foot isn't hurting...it just has a tight feeling as all the swelling isn't down yet...it is so good to be without the pain. Over the weekend I started being able to sit here at the laptop in the sewing room and started going through the pictures that hadn't been sorted for the last few months. I did it a bit differently this time, I went through them and deleted any that were not good. Today I started sorting what was left into their proper spots in photo file folders. I got through March and have started on April. So that has been my accomplishment today...at least something that lets me stay in one place and not walk much on that foot. This evening I got a phone call from one of my "moved-away Tullahoma" friends. We had a nice talk catching up with each other. She follows the blog so she keeps up with me more than I keep up with her family so it was good to hear how they were doing. Woody walked four miles today and has worked quite a bit out in the yard weeding and mulching. He also went to Life Care to do Bible Study with a patient there. At some point in the day he made cole slaw (using your recipe (German slaw), Connie...should have told you that when we talked!). I think that it is about time that I head back to the kitchen and get inspired to do some cooking to give Woody a break! I will ease back in over the next few days...or at least that is "my plan." We will see if said plan comes to fruition. I continue to read a lot and watch some TV on my iPad. I've talked to my sister...lots happening in her world...lots of change in the near future for her so I "need" to keep up with what is happening! Cell phones almost let you be there...almost! I think back to when Woody and I married and my family and I would talk every other week...I would call one week and Mother and Daddy would call the next time. Such a change to be able to so easily call in this day and age. And, if we don't talk on the phone, we have an option to text or email...and we could Skype...but I'm still not too fond of being seen while I talk...plus we have never had the greatest connections when trying to Skype or FaceTime...really emailing and phoning are going by the wayside...but I'm still not too fond of texting...so I will stick with a regular old phone call...except will use a cell phone! I'm definitely not totally up with the times! But I do like being able to talk pretty much whenever we want...sometimes Cheryl and I go a week...and sometimes we talk several times in one day. I like not being restricted...cell phones have provided a freedom in my long distance life! The cell phone makes Arizona seem much closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment