Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Very Warm Wednesday

I have quite a "stock pile" of photos when it comes to choosing pictures for the blog. Tonight I went back to some I took four years ago when several of us went to visit our friend who had a great love for birds...feeders everywhere. I sat in their sunroom and enjoyed taking bird pictures out the window while we visited. This is one of the many that I snapped of hummingbirds that day. I was in the mood for a bird picture tonight and when I went looking this is the picture I ended up choosing (LOTS to choose from!). Woody got up early and walked eight miles before it got too warm. I climbed into the 90's today so it was good that he went early. This morning he did a devotional after the neighbor Dorrell's breakfast. Later in the morning he headed off to do our weekly Wednesday Krogering (special senior adult discount on Wed.). He also stopped at the weekly farmer's market and got some yummy ripe peaches. Mmmmmmmm! I got up and headed to the kitchen to make today's long cooking item = split pea soup. This isn't a normal choice on such a hot day, but we have been trying to use items in our freezer...trying to free up some space...and the ham bone from our last ham was taking up quite a big space. I also spent time in the kitchen doing some more cleaning. Since I had been sort of layed up for a while with bum feet, etc. several things seemed to have gotten in the need of spiffing up a bit...so while the soup simmered, I cleaned/wiped off some of the small appliances like the toaster oven, can opener, etc. While I had hot water in the sink I even wiped off a couple of shelves in the fridge. So the kitchen got a bit cleaner while the soup simmered. We had the soup for lunch. Even though it was such a warm day, it tasted quite good...for one reason...we hadn't had it in a long time. After lunch, I headed to the library where Donna and I worked some more on processing books and getting them ready for the shelves (ready to check out). We put out several new ones and quite a few others are just a few steps away from being put out when we work next week. I came home and flopped in my chair...a pretty busy day for me. I think that I will be resting most of the rest of the evening...pretty much all my energy for today has been spent! Woody headed out after supper to plant some seeds that we were given a week or so ago. I think that he managed to get them planted without being driven back in by mosquitoes. Several of the grandchildren were in and out today. Elijah came to add to his birthday list and Esther came to start hers today...Joy gave me a couple of birthday suggestions for her this afternoon, too. Elijah's birthday is in a couple of weeks and Esther's is in August...but Joy's is in October (quite a bit of time for her list to grow!). Not too many dull moments around here! They keep us smiling...and often laughing! As I typed that...several thought that they were surprising me...Grammy has good ears...and they were none too quiet...but they just came up all excited. They were bringing us a couple of banana peppers and a couple of yellow squash...on their way out they decided to help themselves to the yummy strawberries that Woody got at the store today...sounds like a good trade-off! I am hearing thunder in the background...Kathy says that her phone says that it is going to rain at 8:07...time will tell! Now I'm off to make Woody happy and attempt to fix the printer so he can print his crossword puzzles. (Just realized when I published Thursdays that this post was sitting in the posts as a draft...so here is Wednesday's a day late.)

No comments:

Post a Comment