Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday

Woody got up and did yardwork while it was still cool. He weeded and mulched. Later in the day he did make several attempts of going out when it was hot and making a swipe or two with the mower in the yard. I'm not sure what I have done today excpept cook our supper and give out snacks to several of our grandchildren. This morning I did make an attempt to catch up with one of Nathan's childhood friends who is quite sick and a heart patient at Vanderbilt. I am keeping up with him with Facebook. Then this afternoon we learned through email and then Facebook that two ladies in our church were in quite a bad accident and I attempted to find out how they were doing...one is at our local hospital and the other was airlifted to Vanderbilt with multiple broken bones. Not the best day for three of our friends...to say the least. Woody headed off after supper to walk to the prayer room at church. Our supper consisted of pork chops (still working on using food in our freezer) and fresh veggies that the grandchildren have shared with us...tonight green beans and green peas. I used the green beans in a recipe that I usually use canned french-style green beans. I have a way on my food processor to cut fresh green beans french-style...so did that and adapted the recipe to use fresh rather than canned. They tasted great. It was another hot summer day...got into the lower 90's with humidity that probably made it "feel-like" closer to upper 90's. I'm hearing thunder rumbles...wonder if Woody is going to get rained on when he heads home from the prayer room.

No comments:

Post a Comment