Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Some Like It Hot

I imagine that even the birds were looking for ways to keep cool today. Usually the bird bath is very popular on hot days. Woody attempted to work in one of the gardens today, but he was swarmed by mosquitoes and ended up having to come inside to get away from them...so not much gardening got done today. We have both spent most of the day inside. I worked cleaning the kitchen for a while this morning and then headed into the sewing room to finish up a machine embroidery project for Nathan. I got that done and then spent a good part of the rest of the day in "my" chair either reading or snoozing...well, I did watch a couple of shows on my iPad. Today was leftovers for our supper, but I did make a green pea salad to help the leftovers stretch a bit farther. Woody left a little after supper to walk to the prayer room at church. He hasn't returned yet. Our thermometer showed that it got into the low 90's today. I know that the couple of times that I ventured out it was plenty warm and I was glad to get back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment