Friday, June 5, 2015

Successful...Finally...but Guilty as Charged!

Tonight's photo shows part of our herb "beds." The cedar planter at the front of the picture shows some of the pimento, English thyme and our chives. Behind in the barrell on the right is our oregano and in the barrell on the left is our flat leafed parsley...all are doing well and I have started using them in our cooking. The flat leaf parsley Woody planted this year from seeds. The oregano has been growing for quite a few years now in that barrell...it manages to winter over. The plants in the cedar planter (Woody had Nathan and Graham build that for me) are all new this year...and were all started from plants. We also have dill...growing higher and higher and rosemary. Dill is from last year...or maybe the year before...it reseeded itself. The rosemary we bought as a plant this year...it is ready to be used for cooking now, too. In the raised bed out back we have sage and basil...both manage to winter over. Woody was very ambitious today. He took it upon himself to take all the furniture off the front porch and spray and wipe it off. He also sprayed off all the cushions as they are made of treated fabric for outside. He decided that all the pollen that was on these items might be part of the problem causing him allergy problems. We now have a nice clean porch...all ready for company! Speaking of company I will plead guilty as to probably being one of the folk who managed to have Southwest Airline's site crash. They announced on Tuesday that they were going to have a three day sale on tickets wherever they flew in the US. Since we hadn't gotten my sister to commit to a time to come out yet...we decided that this was a good time to try to have her choose a date and us get the tickets (her Christmas present from us). Well, I guess a ton of people all over the United States decided to buy tickets, too. And, Southwest's site went down, down, down! I tried for several days and kept getting the same message...that due to extremely heavy traffic at their site...Well, I finally pinned my sister down to dates today and I managed late this afternoon (Southwest extended the dates for their low tickets till today due to the problems on their site) to get on the site and book her two tickets...we decided that we would let her go home too! I'm afraid that we probably will have to clean off the porch again before she comes...as her visit is still several months away...but for now it is all nice and clean...so any who would like...come on over and "set a spell!" This wasn't the best time to make her choose a date to come as she is in the midst of moving...so that is more on her mind than a trip! But the trip is on the calendar none the less! Besides all his work on the front porch Woody did do some weeding and mulching and he walked four miles after lunch. I helped a little with his work on the front porch...helped move the glider off the porch and then rearranged the chairs and pillows after he put them back on the porch. By the time that I got that done, I felt that it was a bit too warm and humid to sit on the porch plus the pillows still hadn't totally dried off...tomorrow will be a better day to "set a spell" and snap a picture or two of our birds at the feeders. I did a little work around the house...just a little...I'm still moving a bit slowly and ready to sit down quite frequently. I spent a while this morning getting underway with Sunday's Sunday School lesson...need to work some more on it this evening. I also started the book that I got at the library yesterday. Really a pretty lazy day for me. Woody put together another "batch" of crispy quinoia veggie burger patties and cooked them...so he will have "burgers" for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment