Saturday, June 20, 2015

What a Day!

And, it didn't end up being a day that I took very many pictures and I missed an opportunity of getting all our grandchildren into a picture with Goosey (Woody). Woody started out the morning heading next door a little after 7 to start taking care of Isaac and Joseph. I stayed at home for a while and did a couple of things that needed to be done around the house. Then I headed to the drugstore to pick up a prescription. After that I headed next door and spent time with the three boys (Isaac, Joseph and Woody). I fed Joseph his lunch early and took him upstairs for a nap. Then waited for Melany, Erin, and Alex to arrive. They brought us barbeque for lunch for an early Father's Day celebration. After lunch the little boys entertained us both inside and outside. Nathan, Kathy and the other five children went to one of the Tennessee Baptist Children's Homes and did some outside work and then did a juggling show for the children after lunch...they came home pretty tuckered...I think that it is slightly evident in tonight's picture. Melany, Erin and Alex waited for the crew to get home, but then left after they had visited for a little while. We provided supper for Nathan, Kathy and family...hamburgers and fixings. After supper the children showered their daddy and Goosey with Father's Day gifts. We are now home and I don't know about Woody...but I am ready to settle in for a quiet rest of the evening...I'm rather tuckered myself! Busy, busy time...just wish that I had taken the opportunity to snap a picture of all the grandchildren with Goosey before Melany, Erin and Alex headed home. Grammy just wasn't thinking straight when all the commotion started up when everyone was in the room at one time! I guess I was thinking too much about our supper...and there wasn't much to it...and I had a lot of help...Abigail helped us carry food from our house over to theirs...Nathan fired up their grill and cooked the hamburgers...and, Woody cooked the corn on the cob and heated up the baked beans...guess I was just thinking logistics...probably over-thinking like I so often do! But, all came together and we had nice visits with our children and grandchildren. Nice to get to see them all on the same day...a nice Father's Day celebration for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment