Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Mixed Bag

Today the weather has been a mixed bag...some rain and some sunshine. As I type the rain has returned. We have certainly been in a rainy weather pattern this week. Woody got up and walked four miles...he walked in rain part of the time...but he did carry an umbrella. We had school this morning. It was Esther's turn to sew with me. She decided that she wanted to use my machine and make an embroidery design to go on one of her shirts. Woody waited till Isaac finished school with me and then the two of them headed off to do some Krogering and Farmers' Marketing...from the sounds of it Isaac made several friends along the way! After school this morning, I had a quick lunch and then headed off to the church library to work for a couple of hours. When I got home I had two recipes that I wanted to make...we had the Chicken, Avocado, Bacon, Tomato sandwiches again and I needed to make the roasted red pepper sauce that goes on the sandwich. After I made that I made some roasted red pepper hummus...the sample bite that I took tasted pretty good. I found the hummus recipe online when I was reading about roasting red peppers. Woody really likes hummus so I decided that we should give it a try. Woody will try it when he has a hummus tomato sandwich. I was pretty tired by the time that I got those two recipes and a supper sandwich made...so I headed upstairs to rest in "my" recliner. Woody cleaned up the kitchen for me...definitely a big help! Tomorrow there is more rain predicted...then Friday is "supposed" to be a dry day...perhaps even several dry days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment