Monday, August 17, 2015

School Days, School Days!

It was Joseph's very first day at Grammy's school...and Grammy gets a failing grade at getting his picture of his coming over to our house. It was raining and I claim that to be the reason for the fail! Thank goodness I did better inside the house. He was so cute during his lessons. At the moment my main goal is for him to name things...so we worked with animal names and animal sounds today.
Woody got up early and walked twelve miles in the rain. Just about everything got done in the rain today...that is till this afternoon and it finally cleared up. It was definitely a rainy morning for the children to travel between our houses...but between umbrellas, rain boots and ponchos...no one got too wet. My back got pretty wet when I took Joseph home as he needed to hold the umbrella and that meant I had to bend over and a good portion of my backside wasn't under the umbrella. Joseph had his time and then Isaac came over for his time with me. After he finished, then the rest filtered in to read with me. Elijah had his long time with me today and we cleaned their sewing machine and he sewed for a short time trying out some of the different stitches. Graham had his reading time after he finished his lunch. Woody went to Life Care to have Bible study with Jeff and on the way home stopped at the fruit and vegetable market and bought some tomatoes. After Graham finished reading I sat in my chair for a while and then got busy in the sewing room. I had a file that I hadn't put away as I was going to scan the pre-digital photos in it. So I decided to do that...I really should be sorting the recent pictures that I have taken as I am really far behind on that task. But it was fun to scan these 1994 pictures that I took on our 25th anniversary trip to New Orleans. Fun memories...just wish that I had labeled the pictures as to what buildings they were, etc. I have been able to figure out most of them either with brochures that I saved from the trip or going online and searching for pictures of buildings and seeing if they resemble the photos that I have! Mid-afternoon Kathy and part of the crew showed up needing buttonholes made in some backpacks that they had made out of old jeans and corduroys. They plan to use them when they travel to Poland in a few weeks. They have turned out really neat. So far the three girls and Isaac have these backpacks. Kathy mentioned that there might be two more later in the week if Graham and Elijah decide to make them too. This evening Woody went to the church and picked up a loaf of freshly made bread and took it to a family that had visited our church. Then he visited with one of his new Sunday School boys. I continue on with my New Orleans memories. I want to scan them as that way I can work with them using my photo editing software. Plus it is easier to look at them on the computer than having to pull the files out of my file cabinet...though I still do like to have a photo in hand to look at it. And, even though I have scanned them, I don't plan to throw away the "real" photos...at least not yet. I would say that our day has been relatively busy...sort of gets that way once school starts. It always amazes me how fast the morning flies as I work with the children...it is either time for the next child to come over or it is lunch time...time really does fly when one is having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment