Saturday, August 29, 2015

August's Last Saturday

Woody got up and walked ten miles. Later in the morning he went to the library, Walmart and Kroger. He has helped me in my cleaning mode by getting started on cleaning the front porch. Nathan and Graham had cleaned/sprayed off the outside of the house with a special cleaning solution earlier in the summer, but the front porch siding still needed to be washed down and Woody got started on that today...not a fun job! This has been sort of an off day for me...sleep didn't come all that early for me last night due to the late "nap" that I took yesterday. So I sorted pictures on into the night. I finally did get some sleep in the wee hours this morning and have taken several naps during the day. The main thing that I did today was continue sorting pitures and as of a moment ago, I just have August's from one camera left to sort...a major accomplishment. I want to get the pictures through August sorted before September arrives and I think that I will be able to meet that goal fairly easily. When I say sort...I mean that I have gone through all the digital pictures that I have taken (on four cameras)from the date that I stopped sorting the last time...that are stored where I dump them when I take them off the cameras (stored on one Passport (small external hard drive) in files by cameras and dates taken)...then I open up those files and make new files or put them in files that have already been created (like flowers in flowers, etc.). And, I do that times two as I have all my photos stored on two Passports. When this job is done I will have my photos all stored in two separate places...and none or next to none on the actual laptop. The nice thing about sorting is that I get to review all the fun things that we and kids have done over that period of time...birthday celebrations, teeth finally coming out, etc. So I have gone down quite a few memory lanes! Due to the pictures and the way I sort them, I can tell you that we have made 15 trips to Vanderbilt so far this year...Tuesday will make 16...and the year is "only" 2/3 over! It's fun to see all that the children have done and taking so many pictures at random times I usually get one or two half-way good ones at any given "shoot"...then there are sometimes when they just aren't good. I didn't even wince at deleting really fuzzy pictures. Anyway...butterflies are tucked away with butterflies, blue birds with blue birds, and special occasions tucked away in their months and on their days...files within files within files. The sorting can be rather mesmerizing/hypnotizing at times...and sometimes at later times I find some pictures tucked in strange places...the reason that I shouldn't do it for too long a time period without walking away from the task! We heard several rumbles of thunder late this afternoon and then it has lightly rained off and on for several hours. I have been reading...still trying to finish up one of the books that I have started (the one that is due first)...but sorting pictures has gotten in the way of reading. Woody is downstairs reading and watching something on TV...perhaps a DVD from the library. Tonight's photo is one that I sorted today that caught my eye due to the bright colors. This one was taken in a garden outside our public library...the reason that I try to have a camera with me where ever I go...I have one of my small cameras in my purse at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment