Thursday, August 27, 2015

I Don't Do Windows...Oh, Wait...

...that's right...in the past I didn't do windows...but now I have no excuse not to wash windows since they are the kind that fold in so you can do the inside and outside while standing inside the house. I will just say that it still isn't an easy task. Today I decided to tackle the sun porch and while everything was out of that area I decided that I really should do the windows. After all...it is a sun porch...and the sun should be able to get beyond the dust and dirt that has accumulated both on the outside and inside of the windows. There are three tall windows in this small area plus a door that has multiple panes of glass...when the windows fold in they practically touch the wall...hard for me to position my body to slide them up and down or reach across to clean them and get them back in place. We have a crazy insect called a May Fly...these May flies build nests in the edges of the screens...they stuff dried grass into the edges and then lay their eggs in there. (The reason that I know this was that one day I saw one stuffing the grass in...at least the mystery was solved as to what was doing this to almost all of our windows!) There will be fewer May flies come the time for them to hatch as I swept a lot of them up with my vacuum today. The windows looked really good UNTIL the sun shone on them around 5pm today and then they looked a bit streaky...oh, well...there is always next time to make them look better...at least they are MUCH cleaner than they were earlier in the day. Before coming up to blog I "made myself" put everything back in its place. The only thing that I lack doing in there is doing the outside of the windows on the door..."perhaps" tomorrow...that is if I can move tomorrow! Now, when the weather is nice, we can leave the door open and enjoy seeing the nice clean area. Woody got up early and walked ten miles. He has also worked out in the yard today...I never heard the mower so he must have been doing something else...but he was out of my view so I'm not sure just what and I forgot to ask him when I asked how far he had walked today...and now I am too lazy/tired to go downstairs and quiz him! While I rested for a while this afternoon, I talked to my friend, Connie, who moved away from Tullahoma. We had a nice chat catching up on what is happening with each other. My sister called while I was talking to Connie so I called Cheryl back and we had a nice chat too...the longer the rest the better for me these days! We talked about her upcoming visit here...making plans. Woody has the washer and drier busy this evening. So all-in-all we have had a pretty busy day and I, for one, am ready to call it quits and find my recliner and my book. In between putting clothes away, Woody is reading and/or watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment