Saturday, August 1, 2015

I Boldly Went Where No Grammy (except me) Has Gone Before!

Woody got up and enjoyed the cooler part of the day and walked four miles. Later in the morning he did his Saturday errands routine: Library, WalMart, and fruit and vegetable market. He has also done a little mowing. He is now settled in with a library DVD movie. After Woody got home from his errands, I put the food away. Then I decided that I would make the Miso Sesame-Glazed Eggplant (tonight's photo). The recipe says to eat the skin...but...just not my favorite texture...so mine (and I think most of Woody's) got put in the compost bucket...to make good dirt...so not wasted! I enjoyed this more this time than I did the first go round. We decided that this recipe is definitely a keeper so I typed it into the recipes in my recipe app on my iPad. Isaac spent a good part of the afternoon over here. He started out wanting to play on my iPad...but soon gravitated to some of the toys. Woody got him interested in the playing with the Fisher Price barn and that kept his interest for a while...that is till he realized that he didn't have the farmer. I told him that the toys hadn't been put away correctly in the toy closet so that everything was strewn all over the place and hardly anything was together that belonged together. So he decided to put the barn away and play with the Fisher Price Pirate Ship...well, most of those pieces weren't together either...he wanted the treasure chests and they weren't with the ship or Pirate Island. So he would go look in the door of the toy closet...the floor in the closet under the stairs...what we call the toy closet...was a disaster area...no path to enter...all toys had been put up at various times but just shoved in the door. So I told him that when I finished typing in my recipes that I would help him look for the items that were missing so he could play pirates. And, that is where the title of tonight's blog comes from...I did venture into the closet...or course on my knees because it is under the stairs so only the smallest of the grandchildren can still stand in there. I pulled out various items and started putting toys together that belonged together and did manage to find most, if not all, of the pirate pieces and handed them to him...everything from pirates, to a pirate flag, to pirates, to treasure chests, to canons, etc., etc. When he got ready to go home, I helped him put all the pieces that belong to the pirate ship and pirate island back with those items...and put them along the wall in the living room so we can put them back nicely...eventually...once I have raked the rest of the stuff out! Only the brave should enter that space...and crawling around on knees isn't for Grammy's...except I know that the children will be happy once it is neat again. They play with the toys more when they can get to them and not have to step over a lot of "stuff" when they try to get something. When it is finished there will be a path...at least for a while! Isaac has such a good imagination...he had the best time playing pirates all by himself but was happy when Joy and Elijah joined him. They had quite a raucous time making pirates walk the plank, etc. "Aye, me hearties!" I "may" go work some more on finishing up the toy closet after I blog. I told myself that I would work on cleaning up different places in the house starting August 1...just hadn't planned on the toy closet being the first place I cleaned!

No comments:

Post a Comment