Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Walkin' Day...At Least for Woody

I'll post two pictures tonight...one for tonight and one for last night! I just never got around to coming in here and posting a picture after our eggplant parmesan finally came out of the oven and was eaten. I will say that this was an absolutely delicious recipe for eggplant parm...it was good last night right out of the oven and it was good warmed up tonight...so I "think" that it was worth the effort!?! Woody got up early (I woke up earlier, though) and he headed out for his first walk of the day...six miles. He said that he was cold at the start of his walk...in the upper 40's. The temperature and humidity has been delightful today. Then later in the morning he walked to our pharmacy and picked up several prescriptions. Then a little while ago, he headed off on his third walk of the day...this time he headed first to the Life Care Center to tune in Jeff's TV so he could watch a Yankees game and then he headed to the church for his time in the Prayer Room. He has yet to return. He has also worked crossword puzzles and he also got on our old computer and played the computer a game or two of Scrabble. He has been reading too. I woke up at 4:30...things on my mind...I guess. I thought that I could go back to sleep if I read for a while, but that didn't happen...so I got some more reading done on the books that I am in the midst of...I mainly read on one early and then later in the day have picked up another of them...so more pages turned in the three books that I am in the midst of. I spent most of the morning in the sewing room. First I cleaned off my sewing machine cabinet surface...again...I keep cleaning it off so I can make some Christmas ornaments but then use it for some other project and have to put other things away so I can get back to trying to start a Christmas ornament. Today once I got things put back where they go, I decided that it was time to clean my machine...so I did that and then got underway with making my first Christmas ornament of the year...and actually have it made and it is sitting on the ironing board waiting to be pressed. The funny thing about having cleaned my machine...I ended up using thread that makes a lot of fuzz...so it is probably has as much fuzz in it as it did before I cleaned it. Oh, well...that is the way with cleaning anything...clean and turn around and it needs to be cleaned again. After lunch, I began to fade due to my early rising hour so I ended up taking a nice long afternoon nap. When I got up I did a maintenance task on this laptop. That about sums up our day. This is our oldest granddaughter's 22nd birthday...where have the years gone?!? Happy birthday, Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment