Monday, August 10, 2015

Best Pal and Helper!

Woody got up and walked before it got "too" hot...pretty steamy AND hot today as the day wore on. He walked four miles. Later in the morning he went to Life Care Center and had Bible study with Jeff. Isaac (He is his dad's best friend and my best pal...according to Isaac.) came over to help me this morning. First he helped vacuum the school room...that was the last task to having it ready for school to start over here. After all that work, he needed to snuggle in with the stuffed animals on the bed and then he did a little work with his numbers...this picture lets you check out the clean school room. I emptied two bags that we recycle paper in...got them into bags to put out at the curb when our garbage and recycle items are picked up on Wednesday. We have a large shopping bag in the school room next to the waste basket...paper goes into the shopping bag...and "once in a while" I empty it and put it out to be picked up with other things that we recycle. It had been quite a while since the school room one had been emptied. The other bag that I emptied was one that I had been filling with paper that I was throwing away from my files, etc. So lots of paper heading out to be recycled. I made a new recipe for biscuits tonight...Cream Cheese Biscuits. They turned out pretty good. I'm not the biscuit maker in the family as Nathan is a prize-winning biscuit maker. When in upper grades at elementary school, he beat out the girls two different years in a row with his biscuit making skills! So I never made many biscuits...just turned that job over to Nathan! But this recipe caught my eye so I decided to try them...probably not prize-winning but tasty and they rose nicely and were golden brown. Tasted good with out weekend leftover Pasta topped with Chunky Tomato Sauce With Sweet Italian Sausage. Isaac enjoyed his bath over here so much the other night that he decided that he would have another over here tonight. Esther came over to play with her birthday present (She has to use my iPad with her present so her present stays over here!). When she saw that Isaac was having a bath over here, she decided that she wanted one over here too. So two bathed and back at their home for stories and bed! Woody's next appointments (labs, nurse practitioner, Keytruda infusion) at Vanderbilt are tomorrow morning. Three weeks have passed very quickly once again...wonder how long tomorrow's appointments will take. Guess I'll go get my tote bag packed...need to get a book, my camera, will take my iPad, and probably the Sunday School lesson books as I will be teaching again this coming Sunday...all that should keep me busy! The waiting times really go by quickly if I take plenty to keep me occupied...I like some choice as to what I will do...reason that I take several items to while away the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment