Saturday, August 8, 2015

Better Late Than Never?

Once again I woke up early...even before Woody headed off for his six mile walk. I got up and headed in to work on the school room some more. I am pretty close to done in there...there are still a couple of things that need to find a home and then I need to vacuum. Lots less dust in that room...at least for the moment. Isaac joined us mid-morning and ran Saturday errands with Goosey (Woody). He went home to eat lunch, but ended up bringing his sandwich over here. He stayed with us this afternoon and evening while the rest of his family and his cousin went to Chatanooga for a juggling gig. Since they had an extra person, they would have had to take their camper if all the children had gone. So Isaac got to stay here and they were able to go in their "smaller" vehicle. He had a good time tagging along with us...I think. I call him my "little shadow" when he is in the house with me...he is right behind me about every step that I take! He and I did a little cooking. We made the cucumber jello salad that both of our families like so much. What made making it with him special was that we used some of the cucumbers that he grew. We made some for his family and some for Goosey and me. Goosey and I read quite a few stories throughout the day. He stuck with me while I finished up dusting in the school room and sat on my lap while I talked to my sister on the phone (he was playing on my iPad during the phone conversation). This evening, Goosey and he went next door and got his jammies and then came back over here and he took a bath at our house. He didn't remember taking one here before...so he had fun with the bath tub toys that we have. After his bath, we took him over to his house so he could drift off to dreamland in his own bed. I stayed over there and worked on my Sunday School lesson some more till his family returned a while ago. So it has been a busy day for our household...never a dull moment when my three-year old "best pal" is hanging out with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment