Friday, August 14, 2015

Countdown Is On

Tonight's photo is a picture of my sister and me 58 years ago...oh, my...definitely time has passed by all too quickly...especially when you compare our ages then to our ages now! But the month countdown is on for when she will be in TN for a visit. We haven't seen each other in a while so it will be good to visit in person. We'll be talking non-stop as it looks like we might be in this photo that Daddy took of us all those years ago. I hadn't planned to use this picture tonight, but when I went into my computer photo files...this is where my files opened...and I decided that it was appropriate since she would be here a month from today...well, she might not get here on this date in a month as her plane is not due in till around midnight...but according to her ticket she will be here on the 14th. Woody got up and walked four miles this morning. It has been another very pleasant day temperature and humidity-wise. It was a good morning for Nathan and Kathy's yardsale...that is till the rain decided to show up around noontime. But they got some good morning sale time in. It looks like they will have a dry yardsale day tomorrow. Yesterday I spent part of the day doing some cooking for some meals we have planned...I stewed two chickens and roasted four large red bell peppers. Today I used one of the peppers to make a sweet red pepper sauce for a speciality sandwich which also had some of the chicken that I cooked yesterday on it...along with tomato slices, avocado slices, and bacon on ciabatta rolls. Very good! We decided that would be our main meal for the day. This evening Woody made yellow squash with onions and tomato sauce with Italian spices. Friends had given us some yellow squash so that made a good dish for our evening meal. This morning Isaac and I got the guest room ready for school to start on Monday...I use the guest room for a sewing room for the children. I needed to put away a few things in there and dust. We did that and then a little while ago I vacuumed in there and as far as the vacuum cord would reach...which meant the guest bathroom, the hall and into the doorways of the other three bedrooms and a little more than half-way down the stairs. So the school areas are ready for a new start to the school year over here. I'm surprised that I accomplished that much as I guess the week caught up with me as most of the afternoon I napped. I would wake up and then drift right back to sleep...hope that I can sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment