Saturday, August 22, 2015

Guess What!?!

Tonight's picture was taken about two hours ago and it was so dark out that I had trouble getting this picture...I ended up having to lighten it in my photo software in order to see the temperature. A thunder storm had rolled through a little before I took the picture and. as I type, it is still drizzling but the storm seems to have passed. This morning Woody got up and walked four miles. I got up and decided that I would go with Woody when he ran errands, as I needed to get a few things at Walmart and that if I didn't go with him I would just put the trip there off again as I had several times this week. Before I was ready to go, Isaac came over to see us. I gave him a job of folding the napkins that I had just taken out of the drier. I challenged him to a race...could he finish folding the napkins before I got my shower taken and got dressed. He beat me...much to his delight! By the way he did a very good job folding the napkins. When I showed him how to fold them. He told me that his mommy had already shown him how to fold napkins. He loves beating his Grammy...whether it be up or down the stairs, or into the school room, or on our walk to or from his house. We seem to always be challenging each other to a race! And, you can guess who is usually the winner! Woody headed first to the library. I happened upon a book that I had been wanting to read...not that I needed a book at the moment as I am in the midst of three or four books...but what is one more!? This afternoon I have been trying to divide my time between three of them...but ended up taking a long nap...guess my shopping wore me out! After the library we headed to Walmart. Woody headed to the food section and I headed to other places in the store...needed everything from toothpaste and dental floss to bathmats to fingernail polish remover to kleenex (a pretty box for the guest room for when Cheryl comes...something I did today for her upcoming visit...oh, and one of the bathmats was for the guest bathroom too...so two things accomplished! Woody got finished food shopping first and attempted to find me...I spotted him looking for me before he spotted me. He checked out and then went out to wait in the car and read while I finished my shopping. While we were in Walmart, we had an unexpected pop-up shower. It had sprinkled on us just slightly on our way there, but it really didn't look like it would produce much rain, but when we came out the parking lot was all wet. After getting home, Woody fixed us lunch--steak-um pita sandwiches. We have had an abundance of green peppers so that is the reason that we have had these sandwiches several times lately...we saute onions and green peppers to put in the pita bread along with a steak-up minute steak and a good dousing of ketchup...pretty good during pepper season. Speaking of peppers...our first pimento was harvested the other day and I noticed that we had another one turning red. Woody did some mowing before the big storm rolled in. We have had so much rain lately that even our grass is growing...our grass is rather sparse due to all the huge oaks and other trees in our yard. As I mentioned earlier, I slept away a good part of the afternoon. After lunch when I sat down to read, I just couldn't keep my eyes open and once they shut they didn't open for a couple of hours...guess I was tired! Hopefully I will be able to read for a while tonight and not fall asleep...maybe I can make a little headway in each of my books...or at least a couple of them! Woody has the TV on and a stack of books in front of him as well as one in his hand. Looks like we are settled in for a quiet evening. I'm off to start another load of wash and check to see if the clothes in the drier are dry...then I will settle in to read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment