Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Another Rainy One

It drizzled off and on a good part of the night and continued to rain this morning. I don't think that it rained quite as much as yesterday, but rain still continues to make our plants happy. Woody woke up early this morning and decided to go on a six-mile walk. Usually on Tuesdays he doesn't walk in the mornings as he walks to the prayer room at church in the evenings. But today he did both morning and evening. He still hasn't returned from his walk to the church. We had oour second day of school this morning...once again everything went smoothly. We all had a good day...at least I did! Joy had her sewing time today. Woody and I ate lunch with Nathan and Kathy and family. They needed guinea pigs for a new recipe that they made up--cabbage patties. They were quite good and at least some of the children thought so too...but for some this new recipe "was not their favorite." Instead of saying that they don't like something they have been taught to say "it's not my favorite." Graham and I read together after lunch. Then I took a nap! This evening while Woody was at church, I decided to clean the bathrooms...well, not the best idea, as one of the toilets decided to keep running. Woody had supposedly fixed the problem this afternoon and told me that "it was a one time thing"...well...it happened again while everyone was away...Woody at the prayer room and Nathan and family at a church service. I finally figured out how to turn the water off. When Woody gets home, I guess he will attempt to fix the problem again!

No comments:

Post a Comment