Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Trash to Treasure!

This morning when Nathan went for a run, he discovered that a family in our neighborhood was tearing down their fence and had placed all the boards beside the road to throw them away. What potential could you see with all this wood? Well, this crew
started dreaming big plans for a club house and set to work hauling the boards, etc. back to the wooded area on their lot that is behind out house. They went to work...some hauling:
They were literally carrying the wood down the street before they borrowed a neighbor's trailor...that loan made the hauls much easier! Some stacked and started removing nails:
Oh, and here is one of the dreamers!
Won't they have a great time coming up with a plan to build a clubhouse in this little wooded area! Woody walked four miles this morning. Yesterday he walked six miles before heading over to help me with the daily routine of the neighbor grandchildren. I got home last (well, this morning) a little after midnight. Today Woody did his Krogering in the morning. After lunch I went to work in the church library for a couple of hours. On the way home I stopped at the public library and turned in one book that I had finished and picked up another book and also a DVD, Roman Holiday starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck...there was a featured display in the fashion exhibit that Melany and I went to last week...so I decided that I wanted to see it...I think that I have watched it sometime in the past, but am not absolutely sure...guess I'll find out when I view it this time. That about sums up our day. I have felt very lazy (lack of energy) most of the day...wonder why! I'm expecting a call from Vanderbilt this evening to remind us of Woody's appointments next week...appointments three weeks apart seem to come around very quickly! Tomorrow I hope to get back to doing some little jobs around the house that need to be done. I need to attack the school room next as school will start soon. Woody is at the last revival service this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment