Saturday, August 15, 2015

Pretty Much a Typical Saturday

Woody got up and walked five miles this morning. He ran errands with Elijah later in the morning: library, WalMart, and Kroger. I got up and headed to the kitchen to put together a casserole...put a new twist on an old recipe that I hadn't made for ages. We had that for lunch. I have done a little sewing...trying to clear my sewing cutting table of "to-do" projects. I fixed a zipper in an insulated grocery bag for Woody today...one more thing off the table! I still haven't gotten around to making any of the Christmas ornaments that I got the materials for a while back...hopefully I will be able to start making them soon...maybe tomorrow? Oh, wait...tomorrow never comes! I got my Sunday School lesson studied and prepared earlier in the week...so I just need to read through it again this evening. Isaac spent some time over here helping his Grammy again today. I call him "my little shadow." I recite the Robert Lewis Stevenson poem to him...about my shadow going in and out with me...and what can be the use of it is more than I can see! But he does love helping his grammy! After I cooked this morning, I wasn't worth much for part of the afternoon...but I didn't really ever nap just didn't do anything for a while but sit in my chair...working a sudoku puzzle and watching an episode or two of Food Fighters...didn't even have enough energy to pick up a book and read! Kathy came over for a while with Joseph this afternoon and we talked about my school schedule...my part of their homeschooling starts on Monday. This afternoon Woody went outside and helped pull nails out of the boards that the neighbor grandchildren plan to use to build a club house. Woody has also read, watched some TV, worked cross word puzzles, done some dishes, etc. So it has been pretty much a typical Saturday in the Dorrell household...same ol', same ol'!

No comments:

Post a Comment