Tuesday, August 4, 2015

"Just a Few More Hours...That's All the Time We've Got!"

These pictures were taken yesterday at Esther's birthday pizza lunch. Don't you love the line-up for pizza...and also the way Esther has to eat her pizza since she doesn't have her two front teeth! Abigail was feeding Joseph for me...so she wasn't in the line-up...don't worry...she still got her share! The last one shows that, if I don't stand up and get away from the table, I can't get the whole crew in the picture. The fun and games are about to end in just a few more hours when "the parents" show back up. I am hoping to get all in bed before they arrive...somewhat of a task...especially this week with the revival...they hardly walk in the door before eight and then most want a quick snack and then there are jammies, stories, teeth brushing, etc., etc. (all the routine bedtime type things). I have hardly taken any pictures this whole time...it is harder to take the pictures when I am in the midst of the fray and not just on the outskirts! Our oldest grandson paid us a visit today with his girl friend and another friend...and I took nary a picture...shame on me...but then Alex was probably glad that I didn't! Woody fed the older crew at our house and I fed the younger crew at their house...then we all got together to visit for a while over at their house (their house=Nathan & Kathy's house). We had a nice visit. The guys managed to get their drivers licenses updated and fit in a visit to Alex's Grammy and Goosey's house, too. We enjoyed meeting Brooke and Nick. The younger children proved to be quite the entertainers...which we already knew...and now Alex's friends know too! Well, dishes await me soaking in the sink next door. I want to have the dishes done before the crew comes back from church...and then it is "operation get the kids to bed before their parents get home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment