Friday, August 7, 2015

Walking and Breakfast Companions

Woody headed off for his walk a bit later than usual and Esther and Elijah accompanied him on what he called a short four miles. Isaac was helping his daddy pick some of their garden and brought us a cucumber that Isaac had grown. Isaac decided to stay with me for a while so he ended up eating his second breakfast of the day with me. After breakfast I got busy on cleaning up the school room. I did take a break and read several books to Isaac. He was a good excuse to take a break! I have made some headway...mostly raising dust...much to my allergies dismay...but I think that it will be worth it when I get finished! I have done a lot of filing...both into the file cabinet and also into file thirteen. A little before supper I had started on the long table that has all the school equipment on it...that will still take a while as I will take a little off and dust the items and the surface of the table and then move on down the table and do a little more. At least I am well underway. Woody cooked out supper tonight--Steak-um minute steak sandwiches with sauteed onions and green peppers. I think that I am through raising dust for the night and will work on my Sunday School lesson some more this evening. Melany called last night to report on her Motlow adjunct orientation...she found out that she has another class added to her schedule...so she will be teaching three classes--Art Appreciation, Drawing 1, and 2-D design. She originally had just 2-D design (or so she thought), then last week she got a call asking her to take on an Art Appreciation Class and then one of the first things that they started talking to her about at the orientation was Drawing 1, a class that she hadn't realized that she had...so she will have classes for three hours every night except for Fridays and Sundays and will have a three-hour Saturday daytime class. Should make for an interesting year for her...teaching K-5th graders five days a week and switching over to college nights and on Saturdays. She thinks that this should keep her from missing Alex too much when he heads off to college! It makes me tired just to think about her schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment