Friday, July 8, 2016

A Summery July Friday

It has definitely been a hot day. And, just as I sat down at the computer to blog, I am now hearing thunder rumbles and I see that we are under a severe thunderstorm watch. I had no idea...hadn't been paying much attention to the weather...just staying inside and trying to keep cool! Woody did do a little outside this morning before it got too hot...worked in the yard picking up a few sticks. Yesterday Nathan and Kathy and the children pretty much got our cleared of sticks (lots had come down in the recent rains), but there are almost always some to pick up. He also made cole slaw and cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. I have had a rather quiet day. I have read, tried to start getting organized for a sewing project...really just lazed around...didn't have much energy. This afternoon I received a phone call from 3-M. I had emailed them about Woody's problems with their steri-strip product and asked them if they had another product that someone who is sensitive to adhesives might be able to use. They got back to me by email and told me that they wanted to talk to me. So today I got the call. They wanted to know all about his reactions to their product so they could record it and see if in the future they could come up with a solution. I did find out that they make a blue silicone tape that is called "Kind Removal Silicone Tape" which is something that they make for folk with super sensitive tape...we will have to be on the outlook for it. So that was an interesting conversation with a representative of a BIG corporation. After it thundered I looked out the window and here is a picture of the cloud...that just might be part of the thunderstorm threat...so far all we have still had is rumbles:

No comments:

Post a Comment