Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Batter Up!

Elijah is sporting a new "toothless grin" and also is pretty excited about the pitching machine that we gave him for his birthday. I haven't gotten a picture of them batting using the machine as I had to leave to go to work in the church library. But it sounds like after a bit of pondering on the part of his big brother and his daddy, it finally started pitching some balls. I think that most in the family tried it out. Elijah's mommy thought it quite fun! Elijah's daddy says that it will save his arm from having to throw so many pitches to Elijah. Joy plans to use it to practice hitting softballs as it throws softball size balls and baseball size balls. The balls are not hard balls, but special for the machine...not supposed to hurt "too" much if you get hit by a ball...and I don't think that they don't go too far when you hit them so it is easier to retrieve them. Woody headed out to Kroger this morning minus his walker. He has also done several chores outside that he hasn't been able to do in a while. He is going at everything slowly, but making progress. I headed off after lunch and after the present got opened to work in the church library. On my way home I ran a couple of errands. We are now in for the evening. Oh, and I did get my book finished last night...now on to a couple of new books that I picked up at the public library this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment