Saturday, July 30, 2016

Simply Saturday

We have had a pretty "as usual" Saturday. Woody went to the library and did our weekly Walmarting. I have been working on finishing a book...almost to the end. And, I have been doing various and sundry things around the house...loading dishes into the dishwasher, doing a couple of loads of wash and putting them away...just little things like that. I also completed another Christmas ornament and am working on the handwork on another. When I get that one finished that will be eight ornaments completed. Woody has worked crossword puzzles, watched TV, read, etc. He also made a trip after lunch to attempt to register three of our neighbor children (grandchildren) for Fall Ball. He was partially successful. Kathy will have to be in contact with someone in the league to complete the registration after they return. I forgot to share some interesting information that we learned yesterday from Dr. Wyman (Woody's new melanoma doctor). I asked him if they did IL-2 any more. He said that it was still used in some places, but no longer at Vanderbilt. He said that when Dr. Sosman (Woody's original melanoma doctor) and Dr. Puzanov left Vanderbilt that the IL-2 program left, too. Woody said "good" when he heard that! That was one very rough treatment and he went through it three times--twice at Vanderbilt and once at NIH. It will be so good if something like Keytruda could be used from the get-go--a treatment that has very little noticable side effects and seems to have very good results. I don't know if Keytruda has been further approved. When Woody started using it had only been FDA approved for "last ditch" effort patients...in other words for those that other treatments had failed. I will have to look into that and if I can't find out on my own then I will try to remembber to ask Dr. Wyman when we go back in three months. I'm wondering just what types of trial programs that they are doing at Vanderbilt for melanoma now that Dr. Sosman has left. All kinds of questions come to my mind...after we have been there! And, with remission I guess that it is okay to put that kind of question in the back of our minds! But with Woody having gone through so many types of trials for melanoma, it still lies below the surface of my inquiring mind! Well, back to working on a Christmas ornament. Guess when next I blog it will be in the dog days of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment