Friday, July 1, 2016

Out and About!

Woody has ventured outside the house a couple of times today. The first time was before lunch when he drove to get a hair cut and then went to the Credit Union drive thru window. Then a little after supper he ventured out to check the gardens. He hadn't been out to the gardens in several weeks. He enjoyed checking out how things are growing...but didn't enjoy the mosquitoes that seemed to be enjoying him! He also changed the way he goes up the stairs...he once again is walking up and down the stairs using the banister for his support. I know that he is glad that things are progressing a bit when it comes to his mobility. A little after midnight, I heard my name called from the foot of the stairs. He was letting me know that his leg was getting itchy where the two steari-strips were. I headed downstairs and we decided to remove them rather than take a chance that the itching would get worse and end up in a blistery rash. The itching did get better pretty soon after removing them, but he said that he still has an itch in that area every so often. We will get it in his Vanderbilt records that he shouldn't have steari-strips applied. I guess he is allergic to whatever adhesive is on them as they are latex free. I have had a slow day as my right arm from the elbow down is giving me a problem. Everyone will probably get a chuckle from this...but I think that it is due to me driving to Melany's yesterday. I rarely drive any distance and am not the most relaxed driver so I am guessing that I strained a muscle or two while driving yesterday. I have been putting one of Woody's ice packs (from his knee surgery) on it and I think that has helped. I am going to go ice it again after I blog. I have done a lot of reading and also worked on Sunday's Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class. Elijah spent some time over here this morning while his daddy and four of his siblings went shopping for his birthday present/s. His mommy and Graham weren't involved in this birthday present quest, as they have been at church youth camp this week. They return tomorrow. Elijah and I turned up the calendar pages while he was here. Welcome, July! Just think...half the year is behind us...already!

No comments:

Post a Comment