Monday, July 25, 2016

Growing Older

Look at how much these little birds have changed in just a few days! And, as these little birds are growing older, we have a grandson who gained another year today. It's our oldest grandson's birthday. Alex turned 19 today...my how time does fly! It doesn't seem possible that his last year as a teenager has arrived. Alex is getting ready to head back to college at Tennessee Tech in Cookeville, TN for his second year. I made a gelatin salad this morning and then got busy in my sewing room making another ornament. I have both sides of the ornament embroidered, but haven't gotten it put together yet. Once I got the embroidery done I headed down to the kitchen to make the rest of our dinner. I roasted a chicken with some potatoes. It took a bit longer than the recipe said, but both the chicken and the potatoes were quite tasty. This morning Woody went to The Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff. He also got Alex's birthday gift ready for me to wrap. We will drop Alex's gift off on our way to Vanderbilt in the morning. Woody's appointments are later than usual so we don't have to get up with the birds. We have had two calls from Vanderbilt today. One to remind him not to eat after 6am for his PET scan and the other was a friendly automated call confirming his appointments on Friday. Tomorrow is just an MRI of his brain (has this once a year) and a full-body PET scan (has this every 12 weeks). These are to determine if his melanoma is still in remission. Then on Friday he will have labs and see the doctor. And, now I will end with a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment