Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sewing With Memories

Today I did get to sew in the morning, but had to unplug the machine for storms in the afternoon. Now to explain about sewing with memories...Woody has been so good over the years to take me to fabric stores when we are on trips. Today I am sewing on a piece that I bought in a really high quality fabric store in Houston, TX quite a few years back...a really nice piece of imported batiste. I'm actually making what I planned to make with it all those years back...a camisole to wear under a blouse that I made recently. But as I sew with this yardage that I bought on trips I enjoy the memories from each trip. Woody was presenting a paper at a technical conference in Houston that trip. Woody did a little out in the yard today.He has been doing crossword puzzles but also reading a lot. We had a good sized branch come down in the front yard and managed to hit our green (old) car and put a dent in it...just glad that it wasn't our white (newer) car. Woody had put the white car in the garage just before the storm hit. I'm surprised that I didn't hear it hit the car...it must have made quite a thud. I dragged the branch out of the street as it was blocking our side of the road. We discovered the branch when we were heading out for a treat...a free blizzard when you buy one. That was part of our supper tonight. Well, I think that I will head off and sew some French seams. Uh ohhhhh...maybe not going to get to sew...just heard thunder. Maybe I will just read! As you can see from the pictures, I at least got the machine embroidery done on it...and it is cut out...and pinned together at the seams...perhaps that is all the sewing I was meant to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment