Monday, July 11, 2016

The Lookout

Just about any time during daytime hours I can look out our bedroom window and see either the mama or papa blue bird perched high in our oak tree on a dead branch. This branch overlooks their birdhouse. I caught this one preening after a harrowing time of protecting their home from a sparrow invader...both mama and papa had been dive bombing the sparrow to get it to go away. I believe that they were successful. I believe that they are raising their second brood for this year. Just before I came in to blog I looked out to see if one was in the tree and sure enough one was sitting there...this time its feathers were all sleek...not ruffled! For the first time in quite a few weeks, Woody went to The Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and then made attempted visits with others. I spent the morning doing church library work. I recorded information for our latest memorials on the laptop and then wrote letters to donors and honorees. I got them in the mailbox before our mail got delivered today. After lunch I went to the church to turn in the memorial money that we had been given to purchase books. I then headed off to attempt to purchase an ink cartridge for the printer in the church library...but to no avail. I think that they are no longer selling that particular cartridge...perhaps forcing us into purchasing a new printer (not a happy camper about that). The printer that we have is just what we need for the library...no frills...just a black and white printer...but it is old and I could not find the cartridge number at the manufacturers website or at Walmart or Office Max. I guess that that the manufacturers are viewing it as obsolete in our "throw-away-culture" and a culture that technology is growing by leaps and bounds. But I feel like if it "aint broke no need to fix it! I also looked at printers but will have to make sure that the new printers will communicate with our library computers' Windows edition. At the moment we can't go very far processing new books without a printer...so a decision will have to be made shortly. We have both settled in for a quiet evening of reading and/or TV viewing. Neither of us is moving too fast these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment