Monday, July 18, 2016

Open Wide!

I noticed the other day that I could see the heads of these little robins bob up and over the edge of the nest every so often. These little birds are still not the strongest, as after just so long of having their heads up and mouths open, all of a sudden their little necks will flop back down into the nest. I sat out on the front porch for a while this morning trying to capture what I could from "down below." I only managed to get one picture that showed all three little robins in the nest. I also noticed that for the first time I could see little heads at the opening in the bluebird house. I think that these little guys are a bit older than the robins. It looked like they were attempting to come out of the birdhouse opening as their little feet were coming out along with their heads. I'm not sure how many little blue birds there are, but I bet that they won't be in the house much longer.
Woody had a busy day today. He got up and walked early...he said that he walked his short four-mile walk...very slowly. This was his first four-mile walk since his tibia surgery. He picked up a bag of aluminum cans, found a penny, and saw two deer at two separate times. Later in the morning he went to The Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and also stopped in to visit with a church member who resides there at present. I finished another book and also got underway at the sewing machine with my sewing project. Our pastor of over 19 years retired yesterday. Today one of our Sunday School members is hosting his family for dinner. Our class helped out with salads. I got mine put together and Woody and I took it over to her house this afternoon. I made a pasta salad with veggies. We like to make this salad at this time of the year as it has fresh cucumbers in it. The nice thing about this time...I got to use cucumbers that we grew. I made enough of the salad so Woody and I had it for our supper tonight. We had a pop-up shower this afternoon...the sun was shining to beat the band and raining at the same time. It was one of those showers that not everyone in town got...but our plants were happy to get another little drink on this rather hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment