Saturday, July 23, 2016

Chasing Rabbits

There is no telling what rabbit I might chase during any given day. This morning I slept in a bit and when I got up I could not find my glasses. Now...I am not one who loses my glasses because I just lay them around. And the reason for that is that I am just about blind without them. So this morning when they weren't in the glasses case that I put them before I go to sleep at night, I had next to no idea where to find them. One possibility was that I had just put them in my lap before going to sleep. And, if I had done that they might be somewhere on the floor or down the side of the chair. I did check the bathroom to see if I had left them in there after my shower, but to no avail...and, I did look on the cutting table just in case I had happened to put them there. Then I headed to get the vacuum because the next place that I was going to look probably needed to be vacuumed...under my recliner. It did need to be vacuumed but no glasses were to be found. I also looked in here next to the laptop as sometimes I do take them off when I am working on the computer. But not in here either. Finally I went downstairs...and there they were on the kitchen table...BUT they were on the table in a position that I never put them in so I knew that someone else had placed them that way. When Woody got home from his Saturday errands to the library and Walmart, I asked him if he had happened to have handled my glasses...and, he had. But he had found them on the kitchen table and thought for a minute that they were his, but knew they weren't when he put them on and he couldn't see anything! So I guess I must have taken them off last night when I went down to get a glass of ice water. I had been having allergy problems and my eyes had been watering so much that it had been difficult to leave my glasses on and be able to wipe my eyes...guess that one of those times happened while I was in the kitchen and when I went upstairs that I went to sleep soon enough that I hadn't realized that I didn't have them with me. Anyway...I was VERY happy to solve the mystery of the missing glasses. Sometime recently I had realized that we hadn't backed up our laptop recently and since it is quite old and one never knows when it will just up and quit, I made up my mind that I would back it up in the near future. Well, somehow that was the rabbit that I decided to chase today (after finding my glasses). A while back I had purchased two new Western Digital "My Passports" (external hard drives) to back up my photos on. I had been backing them up on Passports for some time, and had filled up the original ones. I decided to get the new larger ones just for photos and decided to use the other two for backup for the laptop. Well, the only way to use them for backups was to empty them of all the photos that had been stored on them. That took quite a bit of time, but finally I had one of them back to having next to nothing on them. So then I decided to back up our "My Documents." There is a ton of things stored in that folder on the laptop...Woody and I both file things in that folder. Just getting that folder to copy over to the Passport took a long time. Then once it got copied, I needed to check to see if things had really gotten copied over and they had. Then I went to the folder on the laptop and started deleting things that we didn't need currently...we can look (if we ever need to) on the copy for things that I was deleting from the computer. And, once I got that done I decided to organize the sewing folder. Well, I am still in the process of that organization process. I sort of lost track of time due to concentrating on my project...supper snuck up on me and then "blogging time" did. The above picture shows what I have been looking at most of the afternoon. During the time I was copying the folder over, I did make one more Christmas ornament while I waited on the computer. Woody's exercise today was going to Walmart and the grocery store. The rest of the day he has been staying in and attempting to stay cool. We had a few rumbles and a few drops of rain pass through a little while ago and I notice on Weatherbug that the temperature has gone down...but I'm sure that the humidity is way up there. According to Weatherbug it got to 95 today and since the "rumbles and drips" passed through the temperature has dropped down to 73...but the humidity is 94%!!!!! I doubt that it feels very cool outside! I'm sure that it is very muggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment