Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Singing Up a Storm

This little bird was giving quite a concert on top of one of the bird houses. I believe that it is a little house wren, but I'm not absolutely sure. I haven't had time to go to the bird books and check. And, we hope that he/she is singing up a storm as we could really use some rain! We have had a pretty typical Wednesday with a few added in chores. Alex, our oldest grandson, is coming for a visit tomorrow and bringing his girlfriend. So we have done a little house cleaning. I will say that I have given the downstairs a "lick and a promise." Before I left to work in the church library, I vacuumed the downstairs except for the family room and also mopped the kitchen floor. I gave Woody the task of picking up some books and other things that he had on the family room floor so I could vacuum that floor when I got home. BUT he surprised me and had done the picking up AND the vacuuming. I asked him how the vacuuming went and he said "slowly." This morning he went to the farmer's market here in town and then did our weekly Krogering. He forgot to get hamburger buns so I stopped on my way home from church and got some. I dusted downstairs just before coming upstairs to blog...so household "to-do's" are coming along. We are having a fairly easy lunch so not a lot of cooking involved. Though one of us is going to make a dessert...which of us is still to be determined. We have both said that we would make it...so not sure which one will end up with that task. I guess as long as it gets done is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment