Saturday, July 9, 2016

More Rumbles

Once again when I sat down at the laptop to write tonight's blog, I began hearing rumbles. We did have quite a storm after I blogged last night. Woody said that he emptied an inch of rain water out of the rain gauge this morning. While he was in the yard he pushed the "yard bucket" (wheelbarrow) to the road and dumped the sticks in the stick pile for the city to pick up. He also went to the library and WalMart this morning. He did admit when he got back home that he was rather "done in" and was ready to sit down and rest for a while. I brought the groceries in the house...including a heavy watermelon that I wasn't sure that I could heft out of the trunk! But I did manage to get it out and into the house. I finished another book that was due at the library today and mid afternoon I headed off to the library to turn it in and check out a few more. I'm working on catching up with several series that I have been reading over the years. I usually wait till the books get taken off the 7-day list (when they have lost their "new" popularity)and then I can read them at a more leisurely pace. The book I finished today is the 50th book that I have read this year. My goal is to read at least 52 books each year...in other words average reading a book a week. I guess I should not have a problem meeting that goal this year as I only have to read two more before the end of the year! Looks like I will be well over my goal if I continue to read at the pace I have been lately. But the way it usually happens is that I read and read and read and then I get going on some other interest...like sewing and sew and sew and sew and when I get going on other things I tend to neglect my reading...or at least don't read as much. The last couple of days I just haven't had the energy to get going on the sewing projects that I want to work on...hopefully I will get going on them in the next few days. I think that my "get-up-and-go" has gotten up and left...adrenalin has stopped flowing since Woody is on the downward swing of healing for his latest surgery. Now that I'm not needed as nurse for him and not needed to run his errands, etc., I just want to sit and do as little of nothing as possible. I do have plans to do some things around the house and get back to my sewing, but so far...my reading is benefiting from my "need" to sit in "my" recliner and take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment