Wednesday, July 13, 2016

It's HOT outside!

Another picture of one of our bluebirds. You know it is hot outside when you catch the birds panting! Right after I snapped this picture I went out and made sure that the bird bath had water in it. According to Weatherbug it got to 90 degrees today. Right now it is 87.8 and the heat index is 95. It has been a good day to stay inside. Woody did go out early this morning and worked some in the gardens. Later in the morning he did our Wednesday Krogering. I puttered around the house this morning and then after lunch headed to the church library to work for a couple of hours. Today we worked on two book orders. So it won't be long till we will have some new books to process. On the way home I stopped at the public library to return some books and DVD's we were finished with and to pick up a book that I had requested. My main accomplishment of the day was to clean my sewing machine...one step closer to actually doing some sewing. It has been so long since I have sewn I'm afraid that I have forgotten how...or perhaps sewing is like riding a bike?!?
I even have the ironing board cleared and ready to press whatever I end up sewing. I want to sew tomorrow. Now we will see if the weather cooperates. I just saw on Weatherbug, when I was checking how hot it got today, that there is a possibility of some storms tomorrow. I won't be able to sew if it is storming...since my machine is also a computer...it gets unplugged any time that I'm not using it OR if it is storming when I am using it! Well, there is plenty to do around here if a storm interrupts my sewing. Woody and I have both been doing quite a bit of reading lately. Tonight, once again, we are settling into the same quiet routine for our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment