Saturday, July 22, 2017

Good Day for Sunflowers!



It has been another hot day here in Middle Tennessee...good day to show this field of sunflowers!  Woody stopped to let me take a picture of this field when we were going to Shelbyville a few weeks back.  This field belongs to a friend and she had told me that they were in bloom.  You can see how far away I was from the field by the top two pictures.  I zoomed in on the third one...note that all the sunflowers are facing away from me except for three!  It was not the best time of day to get them as they were following the sun.  My cameras weren't very happy with the time of the day and me pointing them towards the sun.  I had trouble getting even these three.  

Woody went to the library and made a stop at the hospital to visit with church members.  After he got home, I headed off to run an errand or two.  I needed elastic and made a stop at the quilt shop to find some fabric to match friends' kitchen paint so I can make them something for their new house.  I did sew a little this mornning...got started on the diaper covers that match the little tops that I have made.  I needed a certain size elastic for them...reason for my errand.  I made a main dish salad this afternoon featuring imitation crab.  We had a little for supper just to make sure that it tasted good.  Now it is in the refrigerator getting nice and cold for our lunch tomorrow.  Woody walked early again this morning and did some watering.  We mainly tried to stay in and keep cool.  

I heard on TV just before coming upstairs that the hot temps are supposed to start going down tomorrow...and that we may get some rain...of course that means...a bit lower temp...BUT raised humidity levels...probably won't feel much cooler even if the temperature does drop a bit!  Typical TN summer featuring the 3 H's = heat, humidity & haze!  

No comments:

Post a Comment